• Location: Alexandria Street, Matrouh
• Ownership: Governorate of Matrouh
• Use: Health care centre
• Building surface: 11.520 m² (approx.)
• Electricity consumption: 978.276 kWh (approx.)
Solar Energy System:
• System application: BIPV integration, Pergola
• PV module technology: semi-transparent glass-laminated a-Si thin film modules
• Installed power: 30 kWp
• Electricity production: 49.760 kWh/year (approx.)
• Estimated surface: 516 m²
Objectives & Opportunities:
• Installed PV system generates electricity and cooling.
• The roof surface and orientation are suitable and a primary substructure as pergolas, is required where 333 units of thin film modules will be installed over 12 pergolas having 2.8 meter height each.
• Local SMEs active in the field of RES will get experience from the operation of these innovative solar technologies and will be able to support them in the future.